Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

RX3i & Hakko V712S

7 posts in this topic

Hi. i have to connect an Hakko V712S with a PLC RX3i. I ve done the wire as i readed on Hakko Manual (wiring n°3 - 15 pin to 25pin). Ive setted PLC's port with SPN-X protocol following Hakko manual instruction. I would like to connect COM2 with rs485 with CN1 Hakko's port. But i have a Communication Error. Someone knows how to do that or can please give me a little example with plc and hakko project to try only communication? Thank you so much Valerio

I was surprised to learn that the Rx3i does not support SNPX protocol. See this thread. http://gefanuc.bnsi.net/eforum/showthread.php?t=8149 Can you set up the Hakko to use SNP protocol and not SNPX?

i've readed about it and i was surprised. maybe best communication in my case now is Modbus. can i read all memory blocks (r,i,m) or not? thank you. valerio

With Modbus you will only be able to read %I, %Q, %AI, and %R memory. You can only write to %R and %Q memory. Modbus 0xxxx corresponds to %Q Modbus 1xxxx corresponds to %I Modbus 3xxxx corresponds to %AI Modbus 4xxxx corresponds to %R

is it possible that Modbus 3xxxx corresponds to %M? It seems that my Hakko project works in this way.

There is no point in keeping this exchange going in two forums. For anybody other than valerio81 and myself who might be following it here: http://gefanuc.bnsi.net/eforum/showthread.php?t=8266