Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jawebb

A975 GOT connected to a Allen bradley Micrologix 1500

6 posts in this topic

Has any one been successefull in conecting a A975 Got to an micrlogix 1500 (Allen bradley)? If so can you give som insight on how to do it. Edited by jawebb

...but...how far did you get? i never used such combination (I couldn't justify spending $6000 on HMI to use with $1000 PLC). You need communication card for GOT that matches PLC (for RS232 you will need A9GT-RS2), then you need to install firmware in GOT that will support protocol that ML1500 understands (like DF1), then you need proper RS232 cable (should be in the manuals... you know which ones and you already have them, right?). most manuals will come with software (such as GT-Works) but you can download latest ones from www.meau.com

I don't remember the A900 having multi-vendor drivers. I know the new GOT1000 family does. I never hooked a 900GOT to anything other than a Mitsubishi PLC.

As said I never used it but my Mitsubishi Product Selection Guide lists A9GT-RS2 as networking interface for A900GOT devices when connecting to Allen Bradley PLCs via either RS232 or DH485 and user supplied cable. If they got it this far, I would imagine multi-vendor drivers as part of solution.

I have the A9GT-rs2 com card, the communication cables, a 1761-net-aic+ module and a 1770-kf3 converter, I have loaded the micrlogics com driver into the GOT, I have looked through and have fallowed the directions from mitsubishi, to no avail. I was hopping that there was somthing that had not been document or mabe a different rout that sombody else had tryed and had been successful with. Mitsubishi says that it shoulkd work, Allen bradly says it could work Good Luck. jawebb

why are you using 1761-net-aic+ module and 1770-kf3? I would just go with RS232 and DF1. post more details (documents reference links, cabel pinout, port addresses, port settings, protocol, firmware versions,...).