Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mo_AB_4EVER

Linux QNX driver for Ge 90-70 Ethernet IP

5 posts in this topic

Hello everybody Does anyone of you know if there is an OPC/DDE/OLE/Whatever driver out there that can run on QNX (Linux) and speak to a GE 90-70 over Ethernet/IP? We have an application running with a PCIM card over a Genius network. The card is a full length ISA board, and we are running out of hardware to support this card. Hopefully we could translate the application to communicate to the PLC via a standard 3com PCI ethernet card. Any advice on this one, please share! Thanks

Not aware of anything off the shelf. I have a customer who wrote their own about 10 years ago. and converted to PCI maybe 5 years ago.

That sounds interesting. Do you have some details about how did they do that? If the GE ethernet protocol is available, it would be "easy" to write your own driver. Does anyone know where it can be found? Thanks again

Can GE 9070 communicate using Ethernet/IP? I thought that only Rockwell used Ethernet/IP. I do know of a Ethernet/IP driver for Linux it is called CEL and it is written by Ron Gage. Search for Ron Gage.

There is a PCI interface card for Genius, part number IC660ELB931.