Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GCR

Ethernet Status

5 posts in this topic

Hi all I am new to Omron PLC’s and I have a question, I am using an Omron CS1G-CPU 43 with an ETN-21 Ethernet card installed, I am trying to read back a status that will tell me when the Ethernet Cable is un-plugged, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this, I have been in the manual and it talks of CIO and A registers having status bits but nothing works for me. Do I use a RECV Fins command to get status from the Ethernet card? Any help would be appreciated, Regards,

Hello GCR, You may be able to use the 'Internode Test Status' word in the PLCs Bus Unit setup area. This word will contain the status for Timeout, Response error, Send error etc. This will be in the D area starting at the address according to the ethernet unit number. So if your unit is 0, the starting address's used for the bus setup will be D30000 - D30099 (100 words) and CIO1500 - 1524 (25 words). Unit 1 D30100 - D30199, CIO1550 - 1549 etc. Hence, the test status word would be D30003. See Section 4 W343-E1 CS CJ Ethernet Manual for more detail. Hope this helps Regards anonymous

Thanks for the reply anonymous, through some trial and error I found a bit that I could use to pick up the status (CIO1517 bit 14), the problem I am having now is that I cannot seem to read this value in the program, I am new to Omron Plc’s and I am just scratching my head with what is going wrong, I keep getting errors when I try to read the bit directly I then tried to use a compare instruction on the word CIO 1517 as the word valve changes when the cable disconnects. When I monitor the CIO register I can see it change but when I try use the word in the program it does not contain a value. Anybody any ideas, I am thinking this is a basic problem with what I am trying to do. Regards

Hello GCR, Hmmm... Bit tricky this. The manual states that bits 1 - 14 of word CIO1517 are not used! (This doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to use those addresses within your program though). CIO1517.bmp What sort of errors are you getting? Can you post a screen shot of the error(s) you are getting, or (probably even better) your program (or part thereof), and maybe I can point you in the right direction. There is no reason that I can think of that should stop you using that bit or word within your program. Regards anonymous

Where & how are you monitoring the CIO register? As anonymous says, post a shot and or code, then we can see what is going on ( i suspect anonymous will have a better idea though....) Your ETN module must be unit 0? What are the values that the CIO area is changing between, it may not actually be bit 14 that you are monitoring?