Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croakus

Data Station Plus

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience in seting up/using Red Lion's Data Station Plus? (It appears that Sleepy Wombat has had some experience and it wasn't pleasant!) Red Lion's web site had some tutorials, but they were pretty vague. So was Crimson 2.0 Help. I'm trying to set it up to data log alarms coming from a network of SLC 5/05's. I have Panelview Plus 600's that currently have an alarm log but can't export alarm log - thus the data station add-on. Any help is appreciated! Mike

The was a long time ago... it it was mainly to do with a bug in the program but as said over 18 mths ago... The amount of trouble I have with AB PLC's would far out weigh the data station plus probs' I have since played with them again and would recommend them for comm;s gateways especially. The setup aint to bad either and can be pretty intuitive if you follow the logic of setting up a project. I would recommend them for your application... BTW I am surprised that the PV plus doesnt; have that feature inbuilt...

I'm getting ready to do jobs with both a G306C000, a 6" display, and a DSPSX000, which is pretty much the same thing without a display. I have been playing with a unit and have been very impressed. Their support also appears to be top notch though I have not ran into a major issue to discuss with them yet. I plan on doing a First Experience Article on it just like I did the Micrologix 1100 featuring the good, bad, and the ugly of the display. http://www.mrplc.com/kb/index.php?page=ind...;id=76&c=29 Perhaps Chakorules will host the article here. Anyway, barring finding some major faults with them I plan on using a lot of these units in the rest of this year. Keep an eye out for the article, it should be published in the coming months

Couldn;t agree more and they seem to take on board product improvemnt suggestions as well...

The Red Lion support guys monitor the other PLC site, PLCs.net If you get stuck, post a question on the Q&A page http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/forumdisplay.php?f=2 with "Red Lion Data Station Plus" in the title and you'll get a response. Like most web forum answers, the answer you get will generally reflect your effort in resolving and defining the problem in the first place. Dan