Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rammin48

Versapro/Maxon project to ME

4 posts in this topic

I have been trying to convert a Hot backup system that was programmed in Versapro and used Maxon software into Proficy ME. I have followed the outlined procedures and even uploaded from the controller. And yet I continue to get Logic not equal. I have even updated the C block as GE instructs. Any thoughts.

My first thought is "maybe he missed a step"? What exactly are the steps to take? Did you get these "steps" from a competent GE Fanuc Enginner or a salesman? Do you have the proper version of Maxon to be used with PME? Are you using the proper version of PME to use Maxon? You may want to send these questions to support@gefanuc.com Sorry for all the questions but I have not done this myself but I know that Maxon is very fussy.

Well the reason I posted here is GE tech support is a hassle. I can give you countless reasons why I avoid them at all costs. I am following the procedure outlined, With correct versions of software and following the processes outlined. My company is a solutions provider. I have found numerous issues with PME and have several outstanding tech issues with PME. The last time I called, tech support had closed the cases. So I was forced to look for work arounds. Did not make me happy. Russ I am looking for someone who has actually done it, not some kid on a phone who is reading the procedure to me. Has anyone done this successfully?

Sorry that I can't help you with this. But I can relate to this comment.Howerver: As an integrator you should be aware that if you can not get the help needed at the first level of support you can "escalate" to the next level and the help you need, do not be timid in asking. If you need more assistance with this, call your rep. or distributor to get you the authority needed to escalate the case. You SHOULD NOT be having theses kinds of problems with tech support. It may not always come in the desired time frame, but I have never "not gotten my issues resolved".