Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ledsam

FX2n M8037 forced stop help

4 posts in this topic

Can any one send me a program example. To reset the Forced stop Coil M8037. Spec. X26 operates M8037 E-stop input. When X26 is clear i require M8037 to release. and return to Run. The manual states that FX2n should have one input X0 to X17 configured as a RUN Terminal in the Para Settings. Any Ideas

i hope you are not using PLC as E-Stop controller, are you aware of requirements for this? back to the original question: if you ask me, just don't use forced start and stop... why would you want to stop PLC? if on detecting E-Stop condition or anything else (user faults etc.), you want to pause program, create alarm bit and use it to disable execution of sequencer, turn of outputs or whatever you want... but don't just kill PLC, let the the other code run (diagnostics for example). PLC is your best friend and if you use it properly it will help you recover from faults, etc. you (or your program) still remains in control and you can act on differently on different situations. The only time my PLCs stop is when I'm downloading new program. Check the download section, there is plenty of good sample code...

The Reason In stopping the PLC is to reset all. Output memory as we did with the old FX PLC. We use a E-stop control unit to Isolate the outputs etc. I just need to reset the Momory and restart the Program What i have done and seems to work is to use M8031, (non-latch memory all clear) Is this Correct?

Personally I would just set the PLC parameters for the run signal on an input. In GX Developer, go into the PLC parameters, and on the 'PLC system (1)' tab, there is a setting for a run input. Set this to an input adress, and that will be the external RUN/STOP switch to the PLC. That replaces the built-in run terminals on the old FX.