Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fred

Westermo TDW33

3 posts in this topic

Hi, Has anyone used the Westermo TDW33 for remote connections. I'm not having any luck setting up the modem and feel that the problem is the modem itself, as in the past when I've used the TD35 its always been fine. Many thanks Fred

Did you install CX-Modem ? It is available as a free download if you are a registered user at the European downlad center. It's a middleware tool to diagnose and troubleshoot between CX-Server and your Modem and comes with specific Westermo settings and help information.

Hi Fred, I have also TDW33 here. Some configurations are difficult to establish. To help you in your special case, I need more information: What PLC, CJ1M ? which port, peripheral ? what protocol, toolbus? what baudrate, 115 200? what cable, CS1W-CN118 and special cable with handshake? what CX-Server-Version do you have? For a toolbus connection, you have to set the modem with handshake &k3. The port in the PLC has to be set to Toolbus 115kBaud. And DIP 4 has to be ON for my configuration. After connection to the remote modem my CX-Programmer shows an error, if I type then "RETRY" it works. Only Upload of the program does not work. If you change the settings of the frame length to only 360 instead of over 1000, then everything works also with new modems like TDW33. (Today I tested Insys modem 56k small, and it reacts the same, I think all new industrial modems will) Harald Edited by Harald_Brueck