Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seatrax

Red Lion HMI Clock Sync

7 posts in this topic

Is there anyway to synchronize the clock on my red lion HMI with my micrologix 1500 PLC. I want to be able to correct the time and date on the PLC everytime I change the time and date on my Touch Screen. Please HELP!

If you need more of an explanation let me know and ill post a c2 file later today or tomorrow

yes, I would appreciate it if you could please explain more.

How do you connect to the ML1500 ? rs232 port on the G3 ? DF1 driver ? Also which G series 303,306,308,310 ? Edited by 504bloke

Well heres a sample C2 file presuming you are on RS232 connectiong DF1 to the ML with a G310 Basically you create internal Formula Integers in the C2 Tag Database and give these the values GetHour(GetNow()), GetMin(GetNow()), GetSec(GetNow()), GetDate(GetNow()). etc etc which would give the tag the Hours, Minutes, Secs from the G3 clock etc etc etc Then you go into Comms highlight your ML1500 and click Add Gateway Block Click the start address you want the G3 to send the data over to in the ML (I picked N7:0) Then pick your block size, i picked 6 which gave me Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Year, Month, Day Then tell the G3 the data direction which in this case is G3 to Device (ML) Basically thats it and the G3 will automatically pass these 6 tags through in the background to the ML or you can set up Block Control Request and Acknowledge to have the ML control these to update its clock say every 60 seconds or something. You then need to use these tags to update your clock in the ML I would not bother with the seconds myself and just update every minute so as not to affect scan time too much but thats up to you. I have no ML and have not tested this so it may not work. I will be using this method on an S7 next week but havent tested it on that either, but i have used the gateway for writing data in the background to a set of PAXI meters and this worked very well so i see no reason why my example wont work either. ML1500Clock.zip Edited by 504bloke

Got this set up on an S7-226 on my desk with a G306 and it works a treat.

Thanks all Just used this on a G3 to a Micrologix 1200 - worked great