Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
J&J Machinery

Panel View Plus 600

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I've never used Panel View Plus I'm wanting to know if you can create multiple files to store up to 200 intergers each? Thanks Jeff Purnell

I don't a PV+ has the ability to stores files. Please describe what you are trying to do.

I think You need recipe option in PV+

What I'm looking for is to store a group of numbers (up to 200) to a location in the PVPlus to be retrieved thru user control such as a move command or load command to Micro Logix LRP controller Interger file N:7. I was trying to understand how the receipe option actually could work for this. Thanks Edited by J&J Machinery

I would have the numbers stored in a file (example would be N101) in the PLC and copy them to my working PLC file (example would be N7) on commend of the HMI. If its for recipes, I would store my 200 numbers in N101, n102, n103,n104,n105, etc and then copy them each into N7 when instructed by the HMI. REcipe #1 would be in N101, recipe #2 would be in N102, etc. So, the numbers aren't stored in the HMI but they are copied in and out of a working file on HMI demand and the HMI has access to the storage and working files for editting.

While I agree with the approach that I would use Integer files in the PLC to store all the integers, RSView does support OPC and you could store your integers in PV PLus memory or an OPC compliant Data Base as an option. Not quite sure how it would be done. IF you look at user manual vol 2 the recipie maker is explained and might do a good job as well.

Thanks for the tip. I'll do some research in that direction. Jeff Purnell

see this technote for configuring recipe on Ml1500 LRP processor http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/cgi...amp;p_topview=1