Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikey431

Rslogix 500 crashes when SAVE

5 posts in this topic

I have WinXP prof edtion . Whenever I tried to save a project on a network drive, Rslogix 500 will crash immediately and same thing for Panelbuider32 software.I could use the SAVE AS but not SAVE. The strange thing is I can save other applications file (Word, Excel...) and I could even SAVE a rslogix 5000 project file but just not Rslogix 500 and Panelbuider32. ...

I don't have an answer to your problem but I have encountered something similar. I'm using RSLogix 5 ver. 7.10.02. We keep all our working files on a network file server. If something is open in RSLogix and the network connection is interrupted, when it is restored you cannot save the program you were working on.. Even a "Save As" to the local hard drive!

after a while, i finally realized the problem is the files sharing setting on server .ALL FOLDER in this file sharing have to have writtable setting otherwise this will happen...

You reminded me about the problem I've been having with logix 5. It happened to me again last week, my boss unplugged me from the network so he could hook up a switch, and after he plugged me back into the network I was unable to save the program. Luckily I only lost about 15 minutes of work! I have submitted a tech support request to RSI for this, let's see what they say.

I occasionally have trouble saving to a network drive using RSLogix500 v7.10.00 (CPR 7). Also, it will run slow or hang for a few seconds at a time when a network file is being edited. I have gotten in the habit of saving a copy to a local hard drive to avoid the problem, then I move the file back to the network location when I am done.