Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alex31

Allen Bradley Cable Pin-Outs

8 posts in this topic

Hello , i need a pin-outs aplication for the programing cable PC-pico the AB order number 1760-cbl-PM02. In database i found it some topics ,but for Pico nothing Best regards alex

It's not "just" a cable. there's a little PC board with some electronics on it at the Pico end. I've got one of these cables that I somehow managed to break the pins off of :( They're little surface-mount pc-board pins. I've been trying to think of some way to repair it!

Is the same cable by Siemens LOGO? ,there is a small smd pcb and the same numbers of pins Ihave a cable for LOGO and will be testet tomorow...

haha.. you want to know how I broke the pins off? by trying to plug it into a siemens logo :) It sure looks like the same thing, but it won't easily plug right in. From what I recall, the port is recessed a little further back on the LOGO, so you can't quite get the A-B cable to plug in. I tried taking the little plastic "pin supporter" out to see if it would then make a connection, but the pins are very weak without it. Good luck!

I wonder if one of these: http://www.factorymation.com/s.nl/it.A/id.52/.f would work with another platform, much cheaper than AB or Siemens.

It's gotta be some sort of conspiracy that all the PLC manufacturers have something that looks just like a Pico controller, and yet the cables and software are incompatible!

so thats right .but the customer has all of Allen-Bradley PLC-s .He is a Allen-Bradley fen

So the Siemens cable DOES WORK when plugged into a Pico? Good to know. Wish the opposite was also true!