Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aru

Help in VBA programming

3 posts in this topic

Hi all... Sorry to ask very basic question..It may be silly... I am using few scadas which will support VBA.. But except basic things (if...else/while/ for..next) I do not exclusively worked on vb scripting..I am handling SCADA right now also..and I have knowledge of PLC's..programming.but in case of reporting/driver writing ......which is neccessary part of SCADA... i am not eligible right now... Can any body suggest which site I have to refer? or any manuals? or what are the things I should do.. I have gone through couple of sites like VB tutor..etc..etc..but all will tell about only basic... So please help me out in this........ Thanks in advance.. ARUN Edited by aru

A lot is gong to depend on whose PLC and whose SCADA you are using. Are you trying to write a driver for a specific plc or write VBA to use an existing driver or active X control?

Thanks for reply...sir I am using citect and ifix scada...In one case I want to write driver also to communicate with rs232 over serial communication...and also for reporting I hope lot of scripting knowledge is required... So can you suggest me from where I have to start????? Thnx once again.... arun