Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PlasticsDude

PID on S7-200 (224XP) without using the PID wizzard

5 posts in this topic

How does one create a PID loop without using the PID wizzard?

Easy, the formulas for PID is really quite simple. Are you controlling temperature or position, what? It makes a difference as to what kind of PID you should use. Can you use floating point in your S7-200? Writing a PID using only integers is hard. Writing a PID using floats is easy. If this is for a plastics application I would get an external temperature controller. Especially if you are controlling multiple zones.

I want to use the built in [PID] function, I just want to roll my own initilization (defining of the vars) SUB and INT...and I'm not quite there yet. Not sure how to built the table, getting confused about memory addresses and such....need help!

Use the PID wizard to create a "sample" POU/Subroutine. Then open it to see what the wizard created, Yes it is possible to open Wizard generated POU's. If you dont know how then just send me the project and I will unprotect it for you.

Hi Mogie Is it simple to unprotect those subroutines? I do not use TD200 anymore and use touchpanels ESA, becouse I am dissapointed in making wizards again and again. Show me the way, please. ramaslabas@gmail.com