Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tragically1969

GOT Scaled Integer with Decimal ?

8 posts in this topic

Hi, all I usually use the E series HMI's for projects but am using a GOT GT11**, I am fairly new to the GOT platform and am struggling to figure something out In the E series you can specify an unsigned integer to use decimals then scale this into the PLC, the only way i can see of using decimals in the GOT is to use REAL then convert in the PLC to integer which is a lot of messing around Am i missing something ? What i need to be able to do is enter a decimal on the HMI, for example 12.6 then scale this to 126 in the PLC so i can use the values to compare with data coming in from and analogue unit and also read an integer say 168 then scale this to 16.8 to display on the HMI, i can do all of this with the E series no problems without messing with FLT in the PLC etc. thanks for any help

Hello, I believe that dowloader the manual of Soft GT Designer2, to seting these functions of analogical sampling. test here, http://www.meau.com/Files/SH_NA_080522ENG-G.PDF luky,

thanks but this manual is specific to the GOT 900 series and does not relate to the GT11** which does not appear to handle decimals other than real numbers

OK, so it appears i was missing something, you configure the view data and data type as seperate parts so view is real and data type is unsigned 16bit

View is 16-bit real, data format is 16 bit integer, set the number of decimal places, and check the box for 'adjust decimal place position' to get the number scaled. You can also use the Data Operation tab to scale the data.

thanks, my problem is the decimal place is always grayed unless i select real ?

You must select REAL for the display format. But then on the Extended tab you can leave it set for 16-bit binary. The Extended tab sets the actual PLC data format.

yeah figured it all out now thanks, was the adjust decimal checkbox that was screwing it up thanks again