Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beegee

Backup of CJ1M to PC

5 posts in this topic

I'm currently looking for a solution to make a complete backup of a PLC (CJ1M + Devicenet) to PC. I can do the backup completely myself with different softwares (CX-Prog/CX-integr.) but the problem is that our technicians should also do it. So I need a simple straight foward way. I'd like a simple executable file. I want to backup: -Program -settings -Program index -comments -I/O table -Symbols -Data memories -Holding relays -routing tables -devicenet settings + registered slaves So if anything goes wrong (for instance a CPU unit or Comms(D-Net/ETN/CLK) card goes down), I can E-mail this application with some files to the customer (can be anywhere in the world) so he can download it and use standard pare parts. If anyone has any ideas..... Thx

What about using Easy Backup to a memory card?

Does the backup also takes the settings of the Devicenet unit (I download the network because it is a multi-master network) and the routing tables into account? or only Program, DM, comment, index, symbols.....

From W393-E1-07 See attached table. Looks like it should have all the info you are looking for.

Thx I'll give it a try (I'm a bit worried about the network slave settings and the routing tables but I'll check it out)