Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
edpuente

Conect CXP through PLC to PLC via CLK21

6 posts in this topic

Hi: I been trying unsuccesfully to conect the cxp through a CLK21 module, this is the case. There is two CJ1M CPU 13, each of them with a CLK21-V1 module. All setting has been done in such a way that it can be trasfer data from one plc to the other. It is possible to conect the CXP to either one of the PLC without any problem. One of the PLCs has in the CLK node 1, unit 6, name of the PLC "Concentrador", The other PLC is node 3 , unit 0, name of the plc "Maquina1". So when I connect the CXP to the PLC "Concentrador" through the serial port, then I get online with the PLC, afterwards I go to the PLC in the same tree, and in the PLC "Maquina1" I switch the network from toolbus to [Concentrador] , then in the configuration buttom of [Concentrador], I select net 1 (Which is the one I am using), node 1, unit 6. Then I try to connect to the PLC and It shows me a sign saying that I have a PLC memory error, or UM memory protection, then it goes online, showing as if it is connected, but with all variables showing "error" as value. Of course if I conect directly using toolbus, it works perfect. Any sugestion , so I can get my conection of the CXP through the CLK up and running? Thanks Edgar

You will need to use Toolbus for your connection and set the node number of each PLC in the respective CX-P programs. It does work well, I use it all the time.

if I understand you your Fins network is network 1, and the nodes are 1 (concentrador) and 3 (Maquina 1) you are connected by toolbus on the PLC "concetrador" and you want to route through the PLC concebtrador with CXP to Program thePLC "Maquina 1" have you set up a routing table? I think you should give in the destination network in CXP : 1 and destination node: 3 to reach the PLC "Maquina 1"

Here is one I setup recently. No routing tables at all - just data exchange thaty is not shown here as I am not online. Setup the same in both PLCs and CX-P addresses Node 1 for 1 program and Node 2 for the other. Used Toolbus over Bluetooth with the Promi Bluetooth serial port at 115 kbaud very successfully. I must be stupid - cannot figure out how to insert a picture and have no URL. Here goes: Go to I/O table when online Double click on CLK card Select "Data Link Start" as start Select "Data Link Mode" as Automatic Setting Select "Data Link Status Bit" as 8 bit format Select "CPU Bus Unit PLC Setting" as Do not intialise Select "Polling Node" as polling Node Select Area 1 for your data transfer Select Area 1 type as appropriate Etc Etc Then select which nodes you wish to participate Download to PLC (you wil;l have to be in program mode) and VIOLA! It works. Do the same in the other PLC and you should be able to address both PLCs from CX-P.

edpuente, Replace unit 6. with unit 0 with regard to the following and you should have no issues. Remember you want a connection to the CPU not the card in CX-Pro.

Hello Edgar, Let me see if I've got this right. You are connected via Toolbus to PLC "Concentrador". You then want to connect via CLK to "Maquina1", via the PLC "Concentrador". You will need to set the Network type for the "Maquina1" PLC to "Concentrador". The Network Settings for "Maquina1" PLC should be set to Net 1, Node 3. The Settings for "Concentrador" should remain set to the default Toolbus setting. Hope this helps Regards anonymous