Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PlasticsDude

Is it just me or is STEP 7 hard to use

4 posts in this topic

Relatively speaking. For a 100% newbie, it seems a bit difficult to use. Anyone else agree?

I agree. I'm involved in renovating and repair of wood working machinery.It is main bussiness of my company. If customer already bought used machine with control system he do not want to by new PLC. So a some of PLC are known. By the way control box in such woodworking machines means half of price. Machine without control box cost nothing... Step 7 is program for small projects. It is much more complicated then CX Omron or RS Allen Bradley. Especially is abnormal subroutines what wizards creats. They are locked. If you change name from Symbol table you should change them in all program manualy. No advice of free memory during writing. On the other hand simple programs like ActWin Hitachi are much more simple and user friendly. Ramunas www.elektrofanas.puslapiai.lt

ramaslabas.After you do edit the symbols of blocks, then do a "reorganise" to update the complete project. Anyway, if you use symbols a lot, then I recommend that you use "symbolic" adress priority and not "absolute". To set this, select the "blocks" folder, and open the Properties. Then go to the "Adress Priority" tab. Here you set the adress priority.

Thanks, I will try it. If to think phylosophicly, if you have good teacher most of things seems very easy. In University physics professor could explain most of realy complicated things so simply. Aftewards books was written so complicated. I visited all lessons and never read books... But knowlegdes was perfect. I proved it in competinions... May be I has now good teacher for step7. Actualy I has no it at all Ramunas