Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rswolff

Genius IO

4 posts in this topic

Understand that the Genius I/O bases need software configuration. What software is used for this? many thanks, bob

I have always used a Genius Handheld Controller to initially configure the base. I do not believe that you can do it via software.

Genius I/O blocks (Part numbers starting with IC660) are generally configured with the Genius handheld monitor (IC660HHM501). In fact, the handheld is the only thing that can assign a serial bus address to a block. Once the serial bus address has been assigned it's possible to establish or modify settings from ladder logic using datagrams, but it's a lot easier to use the handheld. Genius blocks come in two pieces, the terminal assembly and the electronic assembly. The configuration is stored in the terminal assembly's flash memory, so if you have to replace an electronic assembly, you don't need to reconfigure. There are lots of other devices that can be installed on a Genius bus including drives, VersaMax I/O drops, other PLCs, etc. Devices like that are configured with software. So, if you're talking about Genius devices other than IC660...... blocks, the software depends on the nature of the device.

no....its a IC660 part.....I finally found my documentation and it indicates the handheld....I had thought my customer had mentioned another contractor that had configured it using software...they were not sure... thanks for the information