Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sjakko

Setting password automatic

5 posts in this topic

Is there a way to set the UM Read Protection after a specific time from within the PLC program. And is it possible to use the password that has been used before without putting the password somewhere in the program (I mean: is the password somewhere stored in the memory of the PLC can the same password be set again by just changing a bit (or something like that)). The CPU is a CJ1H-H series. Thanks in advance!

You would have to store the password somewhere in the DM area. This could be done without ladder by writing direct to the DM. However, ladder or FB would be required to move the data to the password area. I think you can password protect an FB these days but have not investigated at this point. The next problem is that the password area is one of those "secret" areas in the PLC and there is certainly no documentation about it anywhere that I have seen. As it is a password area, it is highly unlikely that Omron would wish to divulge where it is or how you could read or write to it.

Thanks for this information! But I do not want to read out the password. All I want is to set the previously used password again, by setting a bit or something like that. I could also use the FINS command 0304 (Program Area Protect), but it has some limitations: the password could only contain 4 characters (in CX-Programmer 8-character passwords can be used) and the password must be stored somewhere in an area which can be accessed by users.

Hello! Did you ever manage to set the password programmatically? We are trying to do the same - we would like to deliver our software on a memory card to our customer, so that they can download it to the PLC without using a PC. And it looks like there is no way to set a read/write protection without CX-Programmer. Thanks a lot! Kind regards, vgr

Perhaps not solved back in 2007, but solved in 2009..... http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...amp;hl=password