Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wsy_nte

1746-HSCE2 auto reset

4 posts in this topic

Hi... I use 1024 ppr encoder with 1746-HSCE2. I want to configure the hsce2 to count machine position (0-360 deg) and the counter will automatic reset if the machineback to zero position. How to configure the hsce2? Any idea or sample of program? Thank you, James

Hi James, Just setup counter range in HSCE2 and it will roll over automatically.... Actual range will depend on resolution of encoder (we know it's 1024ppr), configuration of HSCE2 (if you are using X2 or X4, you need to multiply PPR by 2 or 4), and gear ratio (encoder to machine coupling - just another factor to multiply result).

Thanks for idea. I try to setup the maximum range to 4095 and it works but I have different zero position of encoder reading and machine. I adjust machine zero (home) position and reset the encoder to zero but the reading is always different (around 115 deg). How to make it same? Any idea ? Thanks for suggestion. Regards, James

you could try turning encoder shaft (offset) before it's coupled with the unit but i doubt you would get if perfect no matter how hard you try. another option is to simply do the same thing in PLC program (add or subtract the offset... which is reading when axis is in mechanical zero). this can also be done with the scale instruction for example...