Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
308guru

RSview question about gauges

5 posts in this topic

Have a look at the attached image. They way I have this display setup right now, a bar graph (vertical from 0-8) is used to represent flow from a flowmeter. This bargraph isn't exactly what I would like and I'm looking for suggestions. Currently it is constructed with a panel, bargraph, scale, and text for the numbers. I'd like something that's more of an all-in-one like the "gauge" that is shown next to it. I like the vertical layout so I'd like to keep that. Different products have different flow parameters so I would like to be able to vary the range of the flow gauge. Right now it's 0-8, but say if I have a certain bit on I would like it to change to 0-16. I would also really like to be able to turn the bar green if it's within my test parameters and leave it red if it's not. These change with every order. Is there some way to also vary those? Are there any ways of doing this? Thanks. Edited by mckeand13

What type of precision do you need on your bar graph. Could we make a multistate indicator that looks like a bar graph instead of a bar graph?

It's purely a visual for the operators so it doesn't have to be extremely precise. Probably more precise than I would like to create states for though. I wish the bar graph was similar to gauge just vertical. It's nice that gauge has the built in scale and numbers. Ultimately I'd like to change the scale of whatever graph/gauge is there. I have some flowrates to check at .25 gpm and others to check at 16gpm. .25 doesn't look like much if I make my scale go up to 16.

RSView32 used "parameter files" that would allow you to create generic objects with tag placeholders instead of actual tags. The placeholders were loaded with actual tags by calling a corresponding parameter file which defined the tag placeholders for that instance of the object. We used that to, for example, create a generic AC Drive monitor that would show command speed, direction, mode (auto/off/manual) faults, etc. The same graphic was used for all 19 drives, but they each had their own parameter files that populated various parts of it. That way, you only have to create the graphics once, and you can even display multiple instances of it at a time with different tags being displayed in each one. You could use that feature to populate the text in your scale and the scaling of the graphic bargraph (rectangle hieght?) so that it would read the way you want. It might be a little tricky to set up at first, but would be re-usable once done... I am not sure if the parameter file feature is available in your version of RSView...Just a thought...

I needed to use bargraphs for a display and only used the inbuilt one as a design platform. I used the animations to change the height of a rectangle and animation to change the colour to red when nearing the top. As for the scale to the side, you can build the different ones you need and set their visibility to false. Then use animations to enable the visibility when you wont the correct one to be displayed. Hope this helps Edited by Leadcommander