Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aassbeer

Host settings on CJ1M > NS12 via ethernet

4 posts in this topic

Hello. My system consist of an CJ1M with ethernet module and a NS12 PT connected togheter via a regular network switch. The PLC have the ip "192.168.250.1 node 1" and the NS12 "192.168.250.2 node 2". The host settings on the NS12 is set to Network with ip adress "192.168.250.1". I cant set a bit from the PT in the program so i think the plc and the PT are not linked togheter. Something is missing I beleive. Schould the "Host" light on the plc's ethernet module light up when connected? I have not yet used the "CX network integrator", do I need to use it? Edited by aassbeer

Can you post a screen shot of your settings in CX-designer? To you have the network settings correct? I am assuming that you can access both the PLC and PT via the switch that you have? if so, then this would prove that your cabling is correct. In CX-D, under the comms settings/Ethernet, this hold the address of the PT, right clicking on the Ethernet allows you to add the host, have you done this? This is where the PLC 'node' is held, which is basically the last octet of the PLC's IP address ( correct me if I am wrong please ). Scott

Sorry, i'm unable to post a screen shot of the settings. I can acess and download programs on both plc and pt via the switch. The host is added under the network. The Ethernet settings hold the ip: 192.168.250.2 and node: 2 for the PT. The host added holds the node: 1 and the network adress: 1 for the PLC. In the conversion table: ip 192.168.250.1 node 1 (plc) ip 192.168.250.2 node 2 (pt) ip 192.168.250.3 node 3 (computer) I dont know if the computer's ip is needed in the conversion table. Somebody knows? And when a program is downloaded to the PT, all the buttons etc. linked to the host are not displayed. If no "write" adress is set in these buttons they become displayed. Why does this happend? Thanks for replying. Edited by aassbeer

The computer's ip is only needed to acess plc and pt. If you access PC to PLC the node number of PLC must match the workstation node number in cx programmer. Set the same net ID for all nodes in the same network.