Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

Write values to tags on a Panelview Plus 700

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I want to write values to tags on a Panelview Plus 700 using RSView ME Studio. Must I use numeric input enable buttons to write values to the tags in the PLC5\25 processor? I have 20 tags to write for, so I must have 20 input enable buttons and 20 function keys to press the button!That's a lot! Is there another way to do this? With a selector? mulderm

You can try using an industrial mouse or touchscreen PV+ to get rid of the function keys. Not sure about the selector. Been some time since I used PV+, but I used the Input Enable buttons. Where the values were a large number we used a touchscreen or mouse. You can try a selector but I dont remember how it is used. Do let us know how it works out.

Is connecting a mouse possible?

Well then try the selector list etc. Not sure how it works. Otherwise go with numeric input enable for this one , n keep in mind this issue from next time, mate. Hope you can get some workaround to this. Try contacting RA tech for this. I havent used PV+ for a while now. Lemme know if it works out.

I have done this before. I added up and down buttons with a numeric display between then and to the right another numeric display showing the data The buttons increments or decrements a recipe number in the plc (Array Number) As this number changes so does the data being displayed to the right. When the data to change is displayed you can then edit the value that would then be written to the corresponding array number. Hope this makes sense. Cheers Edited by Leadcommander

Excellent Work around Lead, I've done the same thing with the old PV1400E, but never a PV+. Also mulderm you might want an increment by 5 and decrement by 5 button as well as a single. The last such app I did had an INC and DEC button and a 1/5 toggle button. Made going from element 1 to element 37 faster than 36 key punches. Hope you follow the idea. BTW - LEAD welcome aboard mrplc.com.