Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wsy_nte

CompactLogix 1769-IF8 connection

4 posts in this topic

Hi... I have to connect 3 voltage 0-10vdc inputs (from 3 voltage divider - see attach, diffential connection) to 1769-IF8. Configure the 1769-IF8: input type 0-10vdc, data format is engineering units and scale it to 0 to 3000 rpm. The reading is not stable, always fluctuate about 10 rpm. How to solve this problem? I use SCL instuction to scale the inputs. Any idea or suggestion? Thanks. James Voltage_divider.doc

Is the 0-10 VDC fluctuating? Do you want to fix it(wiring) or do you want to hide it(program)?

Yes 0-10vdc fluctuating. If possible I want to fix the wiring. How about my wiring? If wiring is ok and could you advice me the code (rslogix 5000 code) to make it stable? Thanks. James

If the 0-10vdc is usually stable, but becomes unstable when connected to the input module with the other signals, you may want to try a loop-powered isolator. These are commonly available, and have solved many a "cross-talk" problem for me in the past. Another thing to check for is the possibility of AC voltage riding on your DC inputs. A small capacitor across the input will usually eliminate this problem. Bill