Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neo

Omron DyaloX Industrial PC

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys Very excited this morning as I turned on the recent purchase of a Omron DyaloX for the first time. Just a few questions. None of the literature has the default Administrator password. I am unsure if the installation of Windows XP has been activated. Any help would be gratefully recieved. Neo

Hello! Must be that Monday morning feeling. The default password is set blank enabling new users to set what ever they like, doh! Also, this is Windows XP embedded & is already activated from Omron. Sorry for the confusion guys. Neo

Hi Neo, Please let us know your findings with the Dyalox. I have seen it in real life and it looks rugged, but haven't worked with it yet. What will you be running on it ?

Hi PdL I have been using the DyaloX for about a week now. It is running Windows XP Embedded, but for all intent & purposes you can treat it as Windows XP. I am running CX-Supervisor 1.32 (4) & using a USB dongle. The RAS utility looks really good. However, on startup if I have shortcut to my CX-Supervisor application the graphics card doesn't seem to manange. So I have put the RAS shortcut on the desktop. There begins my moan . The hardware seems a little low spec. I would like 1024 MB of RAM instead on 512 MB. The solid state hard disk of 1 GB only gives approx 500 MB of space after the operating system. I think I will use the the 2 GB option next time. The main problem is the graphics card. The Intel card in my opinion isn't upto the job of demanding HMI/SCADA applications. Just a few points of feedback, I am now entering commissioning & testing so I will let you now how that goes. Best Regards Neo

Thanks Neo, very helpful! What do you mean exactly by this ?

I normally put a shortcut to the .scs file in the Startup folder so that when the computer boots up the runtime application is automatically loaded. However, there is a shortcut to the RAS tool as default. Trying to start both programs at the same time seems to load the graphics card some what. By this I mean the splash screens are not displayed correctly. Not a major bug but points to how low spec the graphics card is.

In the mean time the Dyalox series has been expanded a bit, the range available on the European market now is: NSA12-TX01-(B/S)-E Dyalox with 12" display, 1.3 Ghz, 512Mb, 2GB flash disk NSA-TX01-(B/S)-E Dyalox with 15" display, 1.3 Ghz, 512Mb, 2GB flash disk NSA-CPU01-E: Dyalox box version without display, 1.3 Ghz, 512 Mb, DOM (Disk On Module) 2GB NSA-CPU02-E: Dyalox box version without display, 1.3 Ghz, 512 Mb, DOM (Disk On Module) 4GB NSA-CPU03-E: Dyalox box version without display, 1.3 Ghz, 1024 Mb, DOM (Disk On Module) 2GB NSA-CPU04-E: Dyalox box version without display, 1.3 Ghz, 1024 Mb, DOM (Disk On Module) 4GB NSA-TX-151(B/S): Separate 15" Touch panel NSA-TX-171(B/S): Separate 17" Touch panel Looks like the default flash disk size is now 2GB. Does anyone have any specifications or brochures of the separate box PC and displays ?

Hello PdL, Added Dyalox CPU - TX Operations manual to Omron manuals section... http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=731 Couldn't find any brochures or catalogues though?

That was fast! Thanks anonymous Good to see the 17" supports SXGA (1280*1024), so it can run my existing CX-Supervisor apps. I am curious to see a picture..