Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stl

Modicon TSX Micro %I/Q mapping

6 posts in this topic

Hi, Is it possible to move %I or %Q values to memory more than a bit at a time? so instead of this (one bit at a time) %I1.0 %MW50:X0 ---| |----------( ) %I1.1 %MW50:X1 ---| |----------( ) I've tried using the Operate instruction with the following code added: %MW50:15:= %i1.0:15 to move the status of %I1.0 to 1.15 to %MW50:X0 to X15, But i get a incompatable data type error? Can it be done 16 bits at a time? Either in LAD,ST,IL Hopefully someone can shed some light on this? Thanks Steve

For anyone who's interested? Operate block Syntax: %MW50:=%I1.0:16

Hi STL You'd be better off doing %Mw50:=%iw1.0 in that operate block. This is all too commonly required as Modbus does not take direct addressing of I/O's. Perhaps you are right, please check up the bit table syntax in PL-7 help. The Colon notation denotes a bit table. Regards, best wishes Raj S. Iyer

hi I've tried the Operate instruction %MW50:= %i1.0:16 to move the status of %I1.0 to 1.15 to %MW50:X0 to X:15, and it's working. regards prahant

Prashant, Hi... Hello steve & STL How do you do this in unity-Pro? Kindly look up my question in this forum. I'd seriously appreciate help Regards, best wishes, Raj S. Iyer