Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitplc

Omron to Mitsubishi

3 posts in this topic

Hi there, I've a backup softcopy of the Omron CJ series PLC programming data, but now I'll like to convert it to mitsubishi FX series, is there any easy method to convert this? Thanks for your help

Not easy, but the only way is to rewrite it by hand. There is not method to automatically convert one brand of PLC to another. One thing I found makes it a bit easyer (converted SQD Symax to Mitsu Q) is to use aliases in GX-Developer. Set the alias for each new address to the old address, and then use the aliases when coding. As an example, input 0.00 could become X0, and you would set an alias of 0.00, then when coding, prefix it with ' so type '0.00 and it would know the new address. It saved me much time basically typing the old program in verbatim, except for commands that are done different.

In the near future Omron will release Structured Text programming in CX-Programmer. I believe Mitsubishi can also be done in ST ? Perhaps it will be easier to bulk edit the program and copy it to Mitsubishi.