Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
netdomain

Addressing Input/Output Cards in Q Series PLC

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, How do we address the Input/Output Cards on the Racks? e.g in AB, we use Slot 0, Slot 1, ... and so on... how would we do this on Mitsubishi? Lets say if we have a 12 Rack Mitsubishi PLC. Slot 0 = Power Supply Slot 1 = CPU Slot 2 = Ethernet Card Slot 3 = 32 Point Input Card Slot 4 = 32 Point Output Card and Slot 5 to 11 are empty. Now lets say I want to turn the first Output on this PLC On via 1st input. --------[X1]---------------------------------------------------(Y1)---- How will be our rung ? Thanks

Hex Addressing, as shown below Slot 0 = Power Supply____________No Address Slot 1 = CPU____________________No Address Slot 2 = Ethernet Card____________Hex 00 - 1F Slot 3 = 32 Point Input Card________Hex 20 - 3F Slot 4 = 32 Point Output Card_______Hex 40 - 5F All cards following these just carry on adding to the addresses. So, your first input would be X20 and your first output would be Y40 I've assumed that the ethernet card takes up 32 hex addresses.

Thanks Colin Carpenter. Do I have to set these addresses somewhere or they are configured automatically? If yes, where do I have to go in GX Developer to set them up? Thanks

If you do not configure them, the PLC will build the table automatically. But if you set an address for one card, you must set all. The Ethernet card is a 32-bit card as suggested above. As for where to set in GX Developer, in PLC Parameters on the I/O Assignment tab.

Thankyou very much Crossbow! Yes, I found it in PLC Parameters :) Slowly getting there... Still lots to learn, lol

If you don't know for sure, just connect to the system and read it out with GX Developer under Diagnostics system Monitor.