Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cresta

FX2-128MT

11 posts in this topic

Hello.. I've problem with old Mitsu PLC FX2-128MT, PLC Error led is on. I tried to upload program with GX Developer and SC-09 cable, but can't connect to PLC. Is it possible to connect GX Dev with SC-09 to FX2 ? There is FX-EPROM-8, I hope program keep in there. How to read the program from that eprom ? Can I install FX-EPROM-8 from FX2-128MT to FX2N with different type, for example to FX2N-16MR or 32MR ? Or must be use FX2N-128MT ? Thank you for help

The SC09 cable works with FX series. You can use the FX-EPROM8 (are you sure it's not a FX-EEPROM8??) with the FX2N too.

Does your PC have a serial port where the SC-09 is directly connected or do you use a USB-Serial-Adapter?

I use PC with serial port RS232 for connect SC09 to FX2 PLC, but can't connected. I try to use same PC, same cable for FX2N-60MR, it has no problem, ok. On FX2, condition of LED lamps are : POWER - On, RUN - Off, BATT V - Off, PROG-E/CPU-E - On. FX-EPROM-8 is correct, not EEPROM. I will change that PLC with FX2N-128MT, but I'm confuse how to get program from old one. Edited by cresta

And I try to short between COM and RUN terminal on FX2, but PLC still can't run.

When you insert the EPROM into the FX2N, the program in the EPROM will automatically be written to the system memory in the FX2N, then you can upload the program. Note that you cannot write to an EPROM with GX Dev. The EPROM is not electronically writeable, you will need an EPROM writer for this....

Now, I still order FX2N-128MT, has not come yet.. I have FX2N-60MR. Is it possible to install EPROM in FX2N-60MR and upload the program, just to make sure if EPROM still good.

Should be no problem. Only thing that could cause problems is that it does not have the needed In/Out addresses but you can give it a try...

Hello kaare_t, Just afraid if different I/O will cause damaged on EPROM or something bad, then I can't get original program.. BTW, I'll try to install it on FX2N-60MR Thank you for your help

Cresta, It's no problem, you can use base module with any quantity of points for upload from EPROM. It should not be damaged. Moreover, If you want to run the program, written for FX2N-128 with extention I/O modules, it will work fine even on single FX2N-16MT base module, because the base module operates with virtual I/O. I.e., for example, you can read X125 or read/write Y111 even if these points are absent really.

Hi, Thank you for all information and help. I can read EPROM, and now still waiting new FX3U for replacement. Thank you