Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ajesh

S7-400 to wonderware communication

5 posts in this topic

Dear all, We want to read data from S7-400 in wonderware system. We have CPU414-H with CP-443-1 redundant system. We could find TSAP address and IP address used for CP's. But we could not communicate with our IO/DA servers to read data.For WinCC workstation we have CP1613. We could find that the WinCC workstation PC and CP's have two different subnet mask address. We are communicating via ethernet.We have contacted SI's but they have informed that "CP443-1 of both H-CPU have no IP-addresses .The communication to the WINCC computer system is carried out via ISO protocol and a software redundancy manager" Can anybody provide any solution on it. Regards Aju

Hello Ajesh. ISO protocol uses the MAC addresses, not IP adresses. And with redundant CPU's I believe that a special software package called 'redconnect' is used in combination with Simatic Net. Redconnect automatically switches over to the active CPU. If wonderware uses OPC, then this guide explains how a connection is setup: http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/16651010 If wonderware uses S7API (also called 'user application'), then this guide explains how a connection is setup: http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/16667714 Notice that this is just to inform you how it works. It is the original programmer of the S7-400H system that must setup the communication. Therefore, you must ask the original programmer what connections he has setup for you to use with Wonderware. You should NOT make any changes to Simatic Net yourself.

Hi Jesper, Thankyou for the information you have provided. I have gone through the links but found that for the communication we need to have CP1613. I want to know can we have IP address and MAC address both in one CP443-1. MAC address will be communicating with existing WinCC and IP address for wonderware. Will it work and does it results to any conflict or damage to the existing WinCC. Again i applogize for posting the same in other forum.I will take in future not to have PM. Regards Ajesh

Hello Ajesh. Under no circumstance must you try to connect to an S7-400H system in a redundant setup, apart from via Simatic Net/Redconnect. Like I said before, there are two methods, OPC and S7API for connection wonderware to a Siemens PLC. Wonderware uses an OPC or S7API 'connection' setup in Simatic Net. You do not specify MAC or IP addresses in wonderware. I have this recommendation to you: Get in contact with the original programmer of the S7-400H. As I already stated, a connection must be setup by the original programmer, and you must the use this connection in wonderware. For an S7-400H system in a redundant setup, only the original programmers can modify the connections. If the SI has not prepared this, then you must ask them to do so. edit: I think the DAserver you mention, is an internal driver in wonderware for Siemens. You cannot use this. You must use OPC or S7API. Edited by JesperMP

Thankyou jesper for the valuable information i will contact the original programmer to get it done.