Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

Scada And Gsd File

3 posts in this topic

Hi ! I have hardware - it is compressor with profibus feature. I have GSD file with it and I know you can connect it via RS485. I would like to make Scada application which take the machine's parameters from the machine and display it on my PC. Do I need some special SCADA program or/and some additional hardware to make communication with. Maybe converter RS485/RS232 is enough?. Can I use Citect to making test connection between my PC and compressor? I'm new in visualization. Thanks for some clue Pawel

To talk Profibus protocol you will need some sort of interface (A Profibus Master) before you can bring it into the SCADA system. You could probably get a Profibus to Modbus convertor then the SCADA could communicate. Otherwiase a PLC with a Profibus Master card talking to the drive and the SCADA talking to the PLC is another option.

Thanks for the reply. I just checked Profibus master card producers, their prices, parameters and setup supports - I think I would know how to set my GSD file. The next question is - SCADA soft - could you recommend some which has good help, online support ( forum etc) and is free for testing and has inexpesive commmercial price. I'm PLC programmer and I'd like to know making visualization also. Pawel