Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neo

CX-Supervisor to CS1G-CPU44H

6 posts in this topic

Hi team! I have been having a some what troublesome day with communications (no suprise there!). My application is using CX-Supervisor 1.24(3) & CX-Server 2.2 to communicate through COM1 on the HMI to the host link port on my PLC a CS1G-CPU44H. The PLC is setup in CX-Supervisor to auto-detect baud rate & is set to 115200 as advised by Omron (using toolbus protocol). The port is setup on the PLC to 115200 & 8,1,N & is matched in Device Manager on the HMI. The problem is that the comms seems to be fine but the $PLCFailures system point in CX-Supervisor sometimes reports a failure of which I use to notify the operator. It is strange because when this reported the comms seem to working fine. However, I can't let the machine leave our factory like this as it would not be validated as we have to comply to FDA regulations. Any pointers? Best Regards Neo

Check the event log entries in CX-Supervisor for comms failures, especially the failure codes.

Tanks Pdl - shall try that next time I see the fault

Hi all Managed to catch the error & monitor the PLC dialog box in CX-Supervisor but nothing was logged. The error occurs on power up of PLC & HMI. The communications of the points don't establish until approximately 60 seconds has passed & then the $PLCFailures system point increments to "1", therefore an error has occurred. This project has been working however, I can not pin point when it stopped working. There are possibly two senarios. The first is that when the machine came back from an exhibition they may have been a wiring fault induced but this has been checked. Another is that the PLC was replaced therefore is there a newer verison of firmware that is not compatible with our current version of CX-Server (2.2). I have recently received CX-One 1.01 which has CX-Server 2.30. Is worth while trying the latest version of CX-Server or is there something else to try? The point structure in CX-Supervisor isn't too grand as no points are arrayed & approx. 500 are updating individually on 500 msec. Only approx. 100 points are set to allways update. When I monitor the PLC comms the duty rate is approx. 40% & the screen response is okay therefore the point structure is okay. Again any help gratefully recieved. I have Omron coming to give a demonstration on CX-One next month so I will try & rubgy tackle one of the guys to nail this problem. Best Regards Neo

Did you check the PLC CPU for any system messages / errors in CXP ? You should be able to monitor the PLC's Host link port for any errors in the AR area I believe, have a look in the CPU manual. I don't think it causes any trouble, but you shouldn't have to set your settings for the COM1 port in the PC device manager. If you have the correct settings done in CX-Supervisor at the PLC comms settings, CX-Server will emulate these settings for you on the PC's COM port. To make sure the PC's COM port is set right you could remove it from the device manager and let windows detect the hardware and install it as default again. Make sure you have the Win install CD at hand, although I'm pretty much sure these drivers are present already in the system32 dir. You could run the project on another PC with same software versions and cabling, to rule out any specific software nto functioning properly on the original PC. These are always nasty things, too bad CX-Supervisor hasn't got any detailed diagnostic tools.

Hi PdL Thanks for the help, I shall interrogate the PLC next time I have a chance on the machine. I think I will also set the Device Manager settings for COM1 back to default as this has no affect on the current problem. Many Thanks Neo