Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghettofreeryder

SLC 5/05 Ethernet

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure a SLC 5/05 Ethernet Processor for 100 Base Ethernet? If so How?

I think that is soley a hardware thing...Unless something changed since the last time I used a 5/05...which was awhile ago.... What I do is get a 10/100 autosense HUB. Let the HUB convert to 100mbs for you to be compatible with other network devices.

The 5/05's have been 100M capable for about a year now. You can set the baud in the channel 1 config. tab for 10M/half-duplex, 10M/full-duplex, 100M/half, 100M/full, or autonegotiate. This enhancement also enabled you to use the Ethernet/IP dirver in RSLinx, instead of the "legacy" Ethernet Devices driver. If you are using an older 5/05, you're forced to 10M/half-duplex and you should get a managed switch and configure the port connected to the SLC for: forced to 10M/half-duplex. Edited by mgvol

This is good to know. I've been working on GE 90-30 projects for a year and half now and sometimes our AB guy doesn't tell these kinds of things.

SLC 5/05 Ethernet 10/100 capabilities added some time this spring 1785-ENET side car Series C with 10/100 Ethernet released in August PLC5 Ethernet processors with 10/100 Ethernet will be out early next year. All devices have RJ45 connection so no transsiver required.

Yeah, In order for a SLC 5/05 to support 100baset communication, its must be a hardware rev C. Just figured it out last night. Thanks for all the help guys