Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mjrx

Mitsubishi Profibus Master Question

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a way to get the configuration parameters out of a Profibus master #A1SJ71PB92D module? Its on an A2S plc. Mitsubishi tech support hasn't been much help with this. I need to replace the A1SJ and I don't want to start from scratch setting up this module.

I haven't found solution how to upload settings from DP-master. I had a project, where DP-master was broken and I was unable to load anything upwards or downwards. I had to make new set up with GX-configurator DP. That fail was very strange because everything seems to be OK, no communication. New master module and now works OK. I think you should be able to send new settings via CPU. Need PLC to stop mode? Good luck, Tmu

I've done only two projects with Mitsubishi PLCs and profibus (both on Q series PLCs) but there was no way to upload profibus paramter either.

if you know what is on a network and what i/o range is assigned to each node you can make file yourself...

Hi gents, There is a way to check out what is configured on the network. Also, I did see an upload button on the web page used to administer a connected PB92 module. You need GX Configurator DP for this though. Simply go to 'Tools->Server Administrator'. You will see a dialog pop up. Click 'Start server'. Back in GX Configurator DP, select 'Tools->GX Configurator Client'. This brings up a web page which you can use to connect to the PLC. Select your connection path and click 'Connect'. Once you are in, you can browse into the PB92 card and look at all the slaves' status, configuration, etc. If you cannont upload it, maybe it is possible to create the exact duplicate of the network. I will check out the upload possibility today and let you know if it worked. I still think that you need the GSD/ GSE files from the manufactureres. Hope this helps.