Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
krushia

CX-Programmer *.OPT

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to prevent CX-Programmer v5.0 from generating those annoying OPT files? These files contain the window/workspace setup when the project is closed. Personally, I and my coworkers find this extremely annoying. Even though we have "Tools -> Options -> General -> Window Environment -> Show Window -> Workspace" selected, it still autogenerates the OPT files and restores the last window arrangement. There seems to be no option in the menus to change this, and I checked the registry and can't find anything there either. Thanks - Ken

The .opt file remembers more than just window positions. It also remembers the preferences under Tools|Options, Windows Key Remapping.... What do you want it to do?

"When the Show Window option is selected, you will be able to choose which window to show when a project is opened. The selections are Workspace, Output, Watch, and Address Reference Tool." This statement is incorrect. Even when the "Show Window" option is selected, it still opens programs in the last saved window state if an OPT file exists for that program. There must be some way to prevent this from happening while Omron fixes this bug. I want the "Workspace" window to be the only thing open when opening a program. I want this to happen automatically... without having to delete the OPT file every time.

Close all windows before closing CX-Programmer. Just go to the top of the screen, secet "window" and then select "close all". The program will open next time with only the workspace showing. By the way it may be annoying to you but many of us love the feature that when you open a program it comes up the way you left it. I do not think many would want Omron to change this. You just have to leave CX-Programmer in the state you wish the program to open next time. I DO NOT CONSIDER THIS TO BE A BUG BUT A FEATURE!!

I totally agree with Bob B... especially when you've got dozens of addresses loaded in the Watch Window!!!

I was not saying this feature is a bug. The bug is that there is no way to turn off the feature.

But you only have to close all windows when shutting down to have the program come up with just the workspace. I do not think that it is really an issue as the facilities to do what you want are really there. I guess we all percieve things differently. A lot better than most software I venture to say. Very small files for large programmes also. I have one project where there are 9 networked PLCs, with remotes, and the file is only a little over 330k. Some PLC software would save a squillion files covering many megs.

BobB: Some people can't see the forest for the trees.....

I have the same desire to keep the screen layout as I like it. I work with seven other engineers and 20 techs on five assembly lines with over 90 plc . We each have a way we like to work on a program. But, you have to spend the start of any work rearranging the layout to meet your needs and not that of the last person to work on the program. There just has to be a way to keep(freeze) the layout.