16 posts in this topic

Modbus addressing in Weintek HMI to poll data from Temperature sensor through RS485. In my system i have connected Temperature sensor to I/O Scanner has output in terms of RS-485 which directly connected to COM3 Port pin. No. 6 (as Negative) & 9 (as Positive) of HMI (Model No: MT8071iE) and HMI connected to PC via ETHERNET.

I want to read temp on HMI screen via MODBUS protocol.

So, can you please provide me instruction about addressing of MODBUS register in Easy-Builder Software so can read data of corresponding register. Because when i do compile i got an error like " Device no Response".

I hope i will get reply from your side as Fast as possible to overcome this problem.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, rohandarji said:

Modbus addressing in Weintek HMI to poll data from Temperature sensor through RS485. In my system i have connected Temperature sensor to I/O Scanner has output in terms of RS-485 which directly connected to COM3 Port pin. No. 6 (as Negative) & 9 (as Positive) of HMI (Model No: MT8071iE) and HMI connected to PC via ETHERNET.

I want to read temp on HMI screen via MODBUS protocol.

So, can you please provide me instruction about addressing of MODBUS register in Easy-Builder Software so can read data of corresponding register. Because when i do compile i got an error like " Device no Response".

I hope i will get reply from your side as Fast as possible to overcome this problem.

Thank you.

Do you mean you need to setting MT8071iE to be Modbus Server for use other PC to communication with it

or use it to receive data from Temperature Sensor?

Yes, Exactly  i want to receive data from temp sensor on HMI screen via RS 485

Please tell us what model of temperature sensor that you connect and do you have modbus manual about it?

Pt 100 and corresponding data receives receive in 40001.

so how can i do addressing in Easy-builder of it.

@rohandarji you should config communication parameter to match with your Modbus I/O device first.

MT8071iE_Modbus_RTU_01.jpg.d044947ea62fd

then create numeric display and select it to config data.

MT8071iE_Modbus_RTU_02.jpg.9943b6e1c4a86

Then disable allow input and config Modbus register that you need to read and click OK after that compile program to HMI.

MT8071iE_Modbus_RTU_03.jpg

Edited by Wasan

i did it in same way as you do but still i get same error.

Untitled12.png

Untitled1233.png

Untitled12337.png

Edited by rohandarji

@rohandarji Do you check that your communication parameter are match with your device.

I recommend that you should use USB to RS-485 module and Modbus Scanner software at link below to read data from you temperature module first.

http://www.baseblock.com/PRODUCTS/demosoftware.htm

Another question what Temperature sensor brand and model that you use?

@Wasan I am using Modscan32 in which i got the data of corresponding register, but not in HMI as well Baseblock also shows me like "No response".

i am using 2 wire Pt 100 temperature sensor. 

@rohandarji I mean what Modbus RTU device that connect with Pt 100 sensor. I need to know about its communication parameter.

Are your Pt 100 sensor communication parameter are 9600 8 even 1?

If you can use Modscan32 to read data from sensor you could connect with HMI or Baseblock too.

@Wasanabout communication parameter i attached one screenshot of baseblock for serial communication.

Yes, i data should be shown on HMI or Baseblock but i shouldn't. I cant find the my mistake so if you can help me to tuck out out of this problem then it would be pleasure for me.

Thank you in advance.

Untitled.png

@rohandarji Please send us your Modbus sensor manual for check that how to config parameter and its data frame.

@WasanThanks you for replying.Yesterday i got the data of temperature on on PC but still on HMI screen it is not transferable and shows same error as "Device no respose."

Here by, i am attaching mannual of my I/O scanner.

KH 7014-18 MANUAL.pdf

@rohandarji  I glad to see that but how are you setting on PC and HMI? Do you setting on your I/O scanner?

@Wasan Thanks.

It was just silly mistake had been done by me in wiring. And as far as i m using RS 485, i am not getting data on both PC as well as HMI. Either on one i can fetch that. 

I do some changes in software configuration of Addressing, i mapped MODBUS address into local HMI(LW).

1 person likes this