Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michaelw

CS1G-H Abnormal D-behavior

6 posts in this topic

Hi there! System config: CPU CS1G-H-CPU43 +CX-Supervisor 1.1b13+ CX-Server1.7 on a Standard PC Programming via Laptop running CX-Programmer 4.03 + CX-Server 2.1. Writing / reading an array with 200 points (refresh set on request).D24500-24700 These points are used only once in the program as multipliers, timer values (user parameters). First all worked fine and after some time (I did some minor online editing in between, NOT involving the DM´s of the array area) I noticed that I couldn’t modify some of the values of the array area on the supervisors page as the always maintained the previous value. Checking with CX-Programmer’s D-Monitor on the Laptop it was not possible to overwrite the values manually! I closed CX Supervisor on the PC but still had no success in overwriting directly from CX-Programmer 4.3. Furthermore I noticed that only DM´s of the array were affected that are used in the program and have been defined with names in the CX-Programmer and linked to the CX –Server file. Switching the CPU to program mode it was possible to overwrite the values but switching back to monitor mode the D values were reset to the previous unchangeable values. After a new complete download of the program everything was back to normal again!?? Do you have any hints what can cause this kind of problem or any similar experiences?? Thanks for your help. Best regards Mike-Austria

This kinda supports the above issue.

Hi Jay, This was exactly NOT the case ! The D´s are only changed via the supervisor´s mask .They are used as replacement of constants in like timers or CNT´s. If checked with the cross refference tool they appear only once / each D. No further operations use or acess this values. So,if the CX-Supervisor programm is not open and even the PC was shut down,there should be no reason not to be able to modify this values . But this did not work. That´s the reason I could not understand this abnormal behavior. Best regards Mike_Austria

Sorry, I can't come up with any other reason.

Just a quick question are you sure that you saved your work after doing the online edit. I know that one time I had a similar problem because I renamed the file and then promptly forgot that I had done so. Then obviously some wierd stuff started happening like numbers not changing and having no link at all to the program. because in the new program they had been added in. if you do a compare program which you can do in monitor mode, you should be able to ensure that the program you are looking at in cx is the same as the one in the PLC. Peace

Hi Kink After the online edit i saved the file but didn´t exit the CX-programmer which shouln´t be a problem+as usually i do a program compare before starting online edit as well after saving. By next week I will go to the customer site again and hopefully none of the described symptoms apear again. Thank you guys for your support. best regards Mike_Austria