Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Uri

FX32MR Network Help

6 posts in this topic

Hi there! Hi AOB! ********* :P I am an Spanish guy in Glasgow. I am doing my thesis project but I am plenty of difficulties. Please help me. My project consist in 6 FX32MR (old plc, serie FX) with their respectives FX2DA, FX4AD and FX485ADP modules. I have also an FX485PC-IF module. I have to do a network with all these plcs. I hope that if it works, my teacher will buy a Q PLC in order to do a Ethernet connexion. I have concluded that the only communication protocol that I could do is a Cumputer Link, sending data from a PC(232) with the FX485PC IF. So, with the FX485PC IF converter I would comunicate with all the PLC with their FX485ADP cards. I understand the trama of the Computer Link, but I have no idea of what I have to do ir order to do a program. I know that I have to use the MX COMPONENT and MX SHEET that I think that I could obtain, but I know nothing about it. I would like to obtain some information, some example. The only think that I would like to do is switch on an output of the PLC station 1 when the input of the PLC station 0 is switched on. I think that it is an interesting project for me, because whe could control some National PXI controlers via Ethernet. I need some information soon because I have to decide if I could do it. PLEASE, help me! Edited by Uri

i don't understand the purpose of the network? if want to turn on an output of station 1 when an input of station 0 is on , you don,t have to do a network,. you can wire the input of station 0 to the input of station 1 and program the plc station 1 that when the pirticular input is on to turn the output you wish.

Ethernet implies that the station are way far apart! Don't it? MX-Components is a software that will supplie you whit add-ins fo Vb, Activex and other programming softwares. Specificaly it will deal with the "communication" part of it. So you can make yourself an app. wich polls Station !1 and send some stuff to Station 2 based on a certain logic. Yes you can do it this way but it would be easyer to just use a blackbox converting your local serial device to an ethernet link and "make" the PLCs talk with eachother.

Hello, I would like to test the network with an easy test. Only when x0 of the station1 is switched on the output 1 of the station 2 will be switched on. It is a tipical test but I would like to do with a PC - Fx485PC IF and 6 FX32MR with their respectives FX485ADP Pierre said: MX-Components is a software that will supplie you whit add-ins fo Vb, Activex and other programming softwares. Uri: what does "add-ins fo Vb" means? I know few things about MX COMPONENT, sorry. Specificaly it will deal with the "communication" part of it. Uri: what does part of it means? I know that the only comunication that I can do is a COmputer Link or No protocol. So you can make yourself an app. wich polls Station !1 and send some stuff to Station 2 based on a certain logic. Uri: app? Is app a program of MX COMPONENT? I think you are talking about some things of the MX COMPONENT. I will obtain in a few days, maybe tomorrow, the last MX COMPONENT and I think that I will find that. Nevertheless, could you give me some inormation? some example? Yes you can do it this way but it would be easyer to just use a blackbox converting your local serial device to an ethernet link and "make" the PLCs talk with eachother. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

I`M A JEWISH-RUSSIAN BOY FROM ISRAEL. I WOULD LIKE TO ADVICE TO SPANISH GENTLEMAN FROM GLASGOW TO READ THE "FX COMMUNICATION USER MANUAL",MANUAL NUMBER JY992D69901. THE MANUAL BELONG TO FX0N SERIES PLC`S BUT IT COULD BE USEFUL FOR THE OLDER ONES,I HOPE.THE SOLUTION DESCRIBED IN THE CHAPTER "N:N NETWORK", IT`S SIMPLE. REGARDS PAVEL

Pavel, I'm not sure that N:N link was available before the FX0N series. I know it is available in all of the current PLCs (FX1S, FX1N, FX2N, FX2NC) but I don't think the original FX had that capability. I will have to look at some old manuals...