Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wendaiyu

How to make a popup screen in PanelView Plus by PLC ?

8 posts in this topic

Hi, all. We have a logix5000 plc and PanelView Plus 1000. We want to add a function in the PV: when tag5 is ON in plc, the screen5 in PV will show up automatically. Could you tell us how to configure it in logix5000 and factorytalk view studio? Thanks a lot.

The global connections lets you do that. There's one called Remote Display, and if you assign that a PLC tag, then when you write a value other than zero into the tag, the PV+ goes to the screen with that number. NOTE! While the global connection tag is not equal to zero, you won't be able to navigate on the PV+ using standard goto screen buttons. Make sure to clear the Remote Display tag when you're done making the screen change. There is another Global Connection for the Current Display, and you can use this to monitor the current screen being displayed. DOUBLE NOTE! Make sure all your screens have unique screen numbers assigned to them (Display properties), or this will not work!

In addition to the above, double check which Global Connection is "current screen" and which tag is "go to screen x". It's (in my mind at least) backwards to what you expect.

Got it. Thanks a lot. The configuration is not too tough, but we spent more time on how to find the screen no.. At last, we figure it out that go to ”Edit” -> “Display Settings” -> “Display Number”. We read the document on website. For “Login” button and function, it looks like: you have to log in first, than you can go to screen XX with code Y. Can we make it happen: after you press go to screen XX button, the login function works. Then you need to input user name and password? Thanks again.

The login button brings up a popup where you enter username and password. Once logged in, you can access anything with the security codes that user is assigned. Users are set up in the Runtime Security section. You can set entire screens to particular security levels in the display properties. If you try to navigate to them without having the correct access level you'll get an error. You can also use the security code other ways. I often set visibility animations on objects like screen navigation buttons. There's an expression that lets you check the current user for a specific level of access, and I use that to make things invisible.

So what you're trying to achieve is that pressing a "go to screen x" button goes to that screen, AND brings up the user/password dialog for you to enter your credentials? I don't actually know the answer, just thought I'd clarify since I don't think JRoss quite got where you were going there I would imagine that it probably can be done, but instead of being a go to screen button it would probably be a macro button, where running the macro did two things, one of them being go to screen x, and the other being login. But off the top of my head I can't tell you exactly how it would be done.

To do that, use two buttons sitting on top of each other with opposite visibility. When you're not logged in, make the login button visible, and vice versa.