Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Force Justify Coils in VersaPro?

4 posts in this topic

Do you guys know of a way to force justify the coils in a program that has been already written? Of course if I create new rungs with the force justify setting option checked it works fine, but I was wondering if anyone figured out a way to force justify the coils on a program someone else wrote?

Set the options in VP on your computer to justify. Then create a new folder and select the option to base it on an existing VP folder.

I tried what you said Steve, have you done this yourself? I am using Versapro 2.04. Attached is the program I am hacking up. I couldn't get the import to force justify like you thought. I did double check my option setting. forcecoil.zip

Nope, it didn't work, but here's what does. Convert each block to IL and then back to LD. Before you can convert, you have to assign 8 Boolean addresses and 2 register addresses to hold temporary variables created during the conversion process. You have to set up the addresses for the conversion in each direction. You set up the conversion variables by clicking on the 'Edit' menu, then 'Properties', then 'Variable Table', then fill in the fields for both tabs ('Temporary Variables (IL)' and 'Conversion Variables (LD)')