Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CFL

Device driver for Windows7

6 posts in this topic

I bought a usb cable a while back for a micrologix1000 and was never able to get it to work. Originally I was using Windows Vista and now I'm trying on Windows7 and I am still just as lost. I don't have experience with this. The cable is the Allen Bradley USB-1761-CBL-PM02 from PLC Cables.com. I plugged the cable in and it says successfully installed driver but it shows as unknown device and need to restart computer. I tried to download the driver from PLC Cables.com but I have no idea how to do it. I clicked download, then open file, and from there I'm lost. Thanks in advance.

What type of file is it downloading? Have you ever installed a driver in Windows before? FYI that's not a true AB cable, it's an aftermarket clone.

I've installed drivers before, not in Windows 7. I know it's not an AB cable, I bought it at PLC Cables.com. As far as what type of file it is, dll? Sorry, I might be too computer illiterate to answer that. I think that the cable I bought will not work on Windows 7 due to the driver being incompatible.

It's possible the driver doesn't support Windows 7. Contact the guys you bought it from and ask for a solution.

http://www.plccables.com/drivers.html

If you don't know then do not install the drivers before consulting the expert.