Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waterboy

Clock update tool pushes time +7 hours

7 posts in this topic

I have long had a problem with the clock update tool where it errors on reading the firmware of the connected devices, but usually it would succeed in setting the time. Or so I thought. I updated to 2.4.2 in the hopes of fixing the firmware reading issue and I still see that problem but also noticed also that the time sent is 7 hours ahead ! Oddly enough that seems like a time zone issue since we are currently GMT -7 here. If I open the processor with Logix5000 and set the time it is done properly and even shows correctly in the clock update tool. So the tool can read properly. But if I sync the device again using the clock update tool, the time will be off by +7 hours. Any Ideas?

Is the time zone set properly in the PLC (Controller properties Date/Time tab)? Is Windows configured for the right time zone? What rev of firmware are you using?

Yes, proper time zone is set on this machine. Firmware on the PLC's is v15 - v17 depending on machine. MLX, CLX CPLX and PLC5's too.

See technote: 46334 - What's new for the Logix5000 Clock Update Tool? Note the "anomaly" for rev 2.42. You may need to go back one revision...

Is that what that sentence says? Geez! I'll back down a version and see how that behaves. Any idea about the firmware failure?

I agree with how you interpreted it, and what you intend to try to resolve the problem. Notice that here, the problem version is not even listed?