Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevec

PanelView 300 micro memory error question

9 posts in this topic

Hi Folks, I hope someone might be able to give me a pointer on this as I'm a bit stumped. I have a brand new PV300 micro - it came with DH485 firmware which is not what I need so I followed the manual and changed the firmware to DF1 using the downloader and firmware file on the PanelBuilder CD. When I try to download my app to it, I get the following error: I can't find any info on this, can anyone give me a pointer? As I rarely work with AB stuff, I don't have a support contract - can't justify it for a single small project every 2 years or so :) The distributor normally helps me out with any tech issues but he's on vacation till next Thursday! Thanks in advance, Steve. p.s. - I know the app is good because I used it on the previous project and I haven't changed anything. Edited by stevec

I have had this error message before, but it was when I had 2 alarms addressed the same. Not sure if it was a 300, but might be worth checking.

If its the same error then validating your program should detect that before you try a download. 55745 - PanelBuilder32 validation error 4003: Duplicate alarm values or bits exist within trigger PanelBuilder 32. Validation Error (4003) - Duplicate alarm values or bits exist within trigger. Problem: The same value exists in the Value/Bit column on Alarm Messages tab for the same trigger. There cannot be two messages triggered by the same condition (value for value type trigger or offset for bit type trigger). PanelBuilder software will not accept duplicate alarm messages. Cure: Review application. Assign correct triggers for every alarm message, merge messages if needed, create additional trigger if needed.

Thanks Mickey. I went back to basics and created an empty app - only thing in it was a single screen and a text object that says "Hello World!" No validation errors at all but the same error is popping up on download. I'm beginning to think that maybe I have a faulty unit now. Is there any possibility that it's the programming cable? I have a 1761-CBL-PM02, SER C and am using an Omron CIF31 USB/SERIAL adapter (which worked before and can communicate with the Micrologix PLC ok) Would the fact that I'm using RSLinx Lite be a factor? If I crack this I'll be sure to let you know!

If your cable works with the PLC then it should work with the PV also. RSLinx Lite should not be a problem. And yes if you solve this the solution will surly be helpful for someone else in the future.

After a bit of running around in circles, I eventually got something from the vendor today: The panel is back with my customer and the vendor is going to attend site and attempt to download - I'll let you know if anything else of interest comes from this. Really appreciate the help and tips I got here, thanks.

Thanks for the update. Please let us know the final resolution.

Seems it was faulty hardware after all. Waiting on a replacement.