Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timtimmo

Panel View 300 Micro Comms Issue - Help!

9 posts in this topic

Hi to everyone. Newbie status.. Trying to learn and program starter PLC and panel view package. Have found all your posts really useful in getting me started, many thanks to anyone who takes the time to offer help. I have searched the forum high and low and tried many things to solve these problems as suggested before posting... so here goes with the issue. System Set Up Panel View 300 Micro, Cat 2711-M3A19L1 Real Serial Port Connected to 1761-CBL-PM02-SER C RS Link Classic Lite Revision 2.54.00.11 CPR 9 SR 1 Panel Builder Version 03.82.01 (Build 451) RS Logix Micro Starter Lite Version 8.11.00 I know the Serial port and RSLinx works OK as I can connect online to a Micrologix 1000 no trouble. But when I try and connect to the panel view......no joy! I know the panel view is DH-485 and various posts suggest connecting to be an issue unless you use a "real" Serial port. Have tried most of the suggested drivers (1747 PIC / AIC+) - baud rate and node are correct as per the panel view configuration... am I missing something????!!!! I have also read that the firmware can be changed back to RS232 (DF1) which may be a neat solution as well... but I do not have a copy of the firmware upload utility WinMBFWDL.exe ? (It is not in my software directory and I do not have the original CD as suggested in other posts). Amy help would be truly appreciated. Mark

Mark - I have ran into this problem before and there are a few things to note: The cable you have (1761 - CBL - PM02) is correct and you can use it direct to the panelview via the 1747 -PIC / AIC+ driver ( you do not need the PIC device just the driver), the only problem you may run into is that Rockwell Software dose not support WinXP with SP3. If that is the issue, you might be able to uninstall SP3 and running SP2 you should be ok. You can find this information on Rockwell support knowledgebase tech note 54269, and the note can be accessed without a tech support contract. Hope this helps.

I had similar isssues connectiong to a panelview 400....I was told that you cannot use auto-configure when you setup your df-1 driver. I tried it and manually put in the info I wrote down from the panelviews com network settings page and away I went.

hi i have the same problem, anyone knows where i can download the driver 1747 PIC / AIC+ for my panelview 300

It should be in the drop down menu of RSLinx's configure driver. See picture below. If not upgrade to the latest ver. RSlinx is free at ( click on software updates) What ver do you have? Support Services Downloads from Rockwell Automation Edited by Mickey

Thanks i'll be trying it out. Anyways i made my own 1761-CBL-PM02 cable, does it have a maximun meters? I'm using an old version of RSLinx since I'm using a laptop with a serial port and with Win98, i tried a newer Linx but it doesn't support win98.

RS232 max length is 15 meters ( 50 ft so says the book) I have seen it work at 100 ft though.

Guys, The instructions in this link solved it for me ........ my problems were all based on running XP SP3 and this workaround works great! Make sure you put the SP2 Sernum file in the two places, re-install RSLinx and re-boot.... Then load the 1747 PIC/AIC driver and life will be wonderful! http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?...amp;postcount=9

The specifics of this panelview can be found in the PDF by following this link http://www.dosupply.com/pdfs/2711-m3a18l1.pdf Designed to operate on Microsoft Windows (includingWindows 2000) operating system, PanelBuilder32 features an intuitive development environment to simplify application design, reduce development time, maximize performance, and improve productivity. This Micro uses the same PanelBuilder32 as the rest of the PanelView Standard product family. Edited by cdodson92
1 person likes this