Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sebu

Siemens S7-300 with wonderware Intouch

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I need a solution for integrating 20 numbers of Siemens S7300 with one MPI port each to communicate with Wonderware Intouch SCADA. What can be the best configuration which I can give to customer?

Why MPI?!! Why not go for a Ethernet network? Edited by edda

Hi Edda, You mean to insert one ethernet card for 20 numbers of S7-300.

Yes, It will be easyier than having a large MPI network with 20 nodes. Maby you could use profibus instead and have a profibuscard in you SCADA computer (never used this doh...). But a ethernet network will be easier to set up in the SCADA/OPC.

Thanks for your sugesstion. I will try this option and come back to you.

By inserting Ethernet card to all S7-300, what may be the hardware configuration needs to be changed in S7-300 simatic manger before downloading.

You need to add the card in the hardware config, set the IP adress and other settings regaring the network, compile and then download the configuration. Thats all you need to do in the PLCs end. After this you can reach your plc via ethernet from your computer, read/write values with a OPC server, connect your SCADA system, do changes in the programs with Step7 over the network and lots more... Regards. Edited by edda

MPI at 187.5 kbaud may be a little underpowered for accessing 20 PLCs. So I also recommend going for ethernet. If you have not already settled or purchased the S7-300 PLCs, I may turn your attention to the IM151-8 CPU for the ET200S modules. It has oboard ethernet ports and costs approx the same as a 314 CPU. The performance is like a 314 so it may be enough for smaller projects. One pitfall is the number of supported connections of the OPC Server. You need a server that supports 20+ connections. Simatic Net Ethernet Lean only supports 8 connections for example.