Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tamerPLC

Totalizer _8AD FX2N

5 posts in this topic

Hi,Freinds, i have anew system .we need to make a totalizer for flowmeter. - CPU FX2N & 8AD - 4-20 ma (0 to 70 cu.m/h) we need to make a totalizer for flow and see this value on HMI _________________________________________________ Second problem I have it. - I have a pump and i need to make the total running hours for this pump. how can i do this??? ___________________________________________________ Third problem:- -i have HMI and need to send the timing set value to timer but the problem is the value which i need to send my be second or min.!! Thanks for all

1. pick reasonable sampling interval and integrate. 2. same thing, i would use 1 sec pulse and if the pump is running increment DINT. that gives you run time in seconds. divide that by 60 and you got minutes, divide that by 60 and you got hours, divide that by 24 and you got days etc. 3. create two objects, one is numeric entry field, the second is button that shows units. make code that toggles button (plc bit) every time it is pressed. if the displayed unit is seconds, multiply that by 10 (assuming you use standard timer with 0.1sec resolution), otherwise multiply by 600 (minutes).

Thanks alot Panic regarding to no.1 - can you make acode for this on because i search alot there's some answer about analoge sugnal for matsubishi but please if you can write the code for this one with totlizer .it will be very helpful for all no.2 it clear we will make increment for DIN with pulse per second no.3 - as i know the timer have alimite set value if i need more time than the maximun set value i will make anther timer and so on. thank alot for your time panic :)

1. check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integral flow meter provides signal that is described in certain units (ccl/s, l/m, gpm or whatever). take sample interval that works for you and keep adding (totalizing) input signal to your total, in other words TOTAL(n+1) = TOTAL(n) + SAMPLE(n+1). you may need to scale the signal if time in flow unit and sampling interval don't match. the shorter the sampling interval, the more accurate total. for example you are reading 5gpm and minute is too slow for sampling because the reading changes withing few seconds, change sampling time to 0.1sec (just an example). but since flow is expressed in gallons per minute, this is fine to display on HMI. to use it in totalizer, you need to divide it accordingly (1min=60sec and 60sec/0.1sec=600 in this case). if the flow does not change during that minute, the 600 increments would add up to 5gpm. if the flow is changing, you will have total that responds accordingly (better than sampling every 60sec). what scale or sampling rate are good for you is totaly your choice. regardless if you are using floating points or DINTs be aware of accuracy(if you don't know what is this, stick with DINTs and fixed point). 3. so don't use timer, use DINT like in second point and keep counting. have timer or internal clock or interrupt as tick signal and do the rest with math. 32-bit can present very very very long time even if you use 10ms tick. this is still same as in previous two points.
1 person likes this

I did a system with a high speed pulse input where we had to totalize it for day, month, and year. I would recommend taking an analog reading every 1 second and calculating pump speed, that will allow you to add that value once per second to the total flow calculation. If you don't need as much accuracy, or if the speed changes are not frequent, you can go with a longer time interval. And the users here are not going to write your code for you, especially not for free. But they will offer insight you can use to try and write it yourself.