Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest irfan

Port CPU374 and Programming in PLC

6 posts in this topic

I want to ask about communication in CPU-374. There are only 3 port communication in CPU 374 1. Station Manager (RJ-11) 2. 2 port of RJ-45. Are these 3 ports have the same functions and ability with the ports that available in CPU-364 ? I'm still learning about PLC programming. Is Anybody have an effective method to program PLC using ladder logic without using trial and error ? Specially in GE product. As we both know, there is no way to test our program in GE PLC without connecting it to the PLC. Can someone give me a simple example programming in GE-PLC Series 90-30 using Versapro ? with an input address, and we create an input system data table, then we process it in ladder logic, and write it to the output system data table, before the PLC give an output ? Is it right that we only use the %G when we want to share our data between one PLC to another PLC ? Thanks,.. Irfan

Have you checked out the download section? There is sample code there: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=Downloads&sub=6 What communications are you using to share between PLC and PLC? I/O Link? Genius?

i'm sorry chakorules,.. but u don't answer my question,..

Okay, I didn't ANSWER them all, but I did answer this question: Did you not ask that one? Look what you typed originally..... I gave you a link to download sample code that was written in Verapro........ And in order to answer a SECOND question, I need to know what communcation protocol you are using from PLC to PLC. Because more than likely if your using I/O link, you can only share %I and %Q bits. If you using something else, then it's a different answer.

The RJ11 port on the CPU374 is labeled 'Station Manager'. It's the same as the RJ11 port on the CPU364, used for firmware upgrades and maintenance operations, not for programming or data communications. The two RJ45 ports are for programming or data communications. I am not aware of any 90-30 simulator. You're correct that the only way to test a 90-30 program is to download it to a 90-30 CPU. You can perform a validity check offline. That will at least make sure that your addresses are within the range supported by your CPU model, and that you've correctly programmed all functions. I'm not sure what you're asking here. When transferring data between two PLCs, you're not limited to using %G memory. If you're using ethernet, you can configure it so that you send and receive any memory type.

================================================= Did you not ask that one? Look what you typed originally..... I gave you a link to download sample code that was written in Verapro........ And in order to answer a SECOND question, I need to know what communcation protocol you are using from PLC to PLC. Because more than likely if your using I/O link, you can only share %I and %Q bits. If you using something else, then it's a different answer. ================================================ yes chakorules, i asked that one,.. thanks. And about the module communication ; We are using BEM 331 for communication module from PLC Series 90-30 to VersaMaxPro. In versapro we are using IC200ALG620 modules, it's a temperature module. =========================================== Can someone give me a simple example programming in GE-PLC Series 90-30 using Versapro ? with an input address, and we create an input system data table, then we process it in ladder logic, and write it to the output system data table, before the PLC give an output ? =========================================== This is what I mean,... I want a very simple case,.. which can explain about a very important function in PLC Series 90-30 Using Versa Pro software : Example : (See the attachment picture below) In this very simple process : we want to fill water (with open the solenoid valve) into the tank until the high level sensor turns on. At that point we want close the solenoid valve until the level falls below the low level sensor. Then we should open solenoid valve (fill the tank with water) and repeat the process. Note : * The Drain is always open. * The flow of the inlet is larger than the outlet (drain). * The flow of inlet we control by the solenoid valve to keep the level between LLS and HHS. * We set LLS in the Field = NO (normally open) * We set HLS in the field = NO (normally open) Is the below ladder logic right ? (see attachment) Does anyone have an effective method how to create ladder logic like that ? When we already understand the process of course,... Example : by using FlowChart, etc,.. What about logging database ? or maybe there are someone of u can repair the below ladder logic. Including logging to database,.. etc. Thanks, Irfan Edited by irfan