Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sergiu.mihu

RSView operator dialog box

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I am using the RSView Studio version 4 to implement a HMI on a +700 display and I want to do something like this: - I have a button that also displays MOTOR1 status on the screen. I would like that when the operator pushes that button, not to go on a new screen, but to pop-up an operator window which has two buttons for START MOTOR1 and STOP MOTOR1, and also the CLOSE WINDOW button, so the operator can start/stop the motor. This dialog box was not my choice, I was just kind of imposed to use it as a solution. "They" don't know if it is possible, but "they" want it just like this. I tried to find something available in RSView but I don't seem to find any object like a configurable operator dialog box to use. I would be grateful for any information regarding the existance of a popup dialog box without needing to make a new screen. If something like this does not exist, I would be also happy to know. To better HMI software! Sergiu

I'm not aware of anything preconfigured like that, but it shouldn't be too difficult to develop that little pop-up screen to do what you want.

I just did a few where I created a panel with text (you could add buttons), and set the visability animation of the whole group with an internal bit connected to the "open popup" button. It is also quite easy to create an "On Top" screen. This is a different screen but it doesn't close the one underneath, it just pops up on top of it. You can make it smaller and still see the original screen behind it... and add a close button.

I tried the same thing with RSView ME and found that RSViewME doesn't have all the features of RSView32, so I tried many things like a popup box and could not get the box to go away. I ended up creating a object on my graphic that looked like up pop up and used visibility to control it. I agree with your statement regarding better HMI software. It would be nice if there were a nice pop up to start/stop motors or open/close valves or change PID controller setpoints/modes, etc.

I was talking about RSView Studio (ME), current version name is now "factory Talk View Studio". I was not talking about RSView 32. There are pop up screens. They are called "On Top" display types. create a screen and right click on the background. Select "Display Settings...". Under the general tab it says "Display Type". Choose "On Top". The button to close it would be a " object-display navigation-close". Just grab the corner and change the size.

I do wish RSViewME (FactoryTalk View ME, whatever you call it) had the features of RSView32, but it can at least do what you were trying to. The Close Display button has a feature to write a value to a tag when pressed. This would have provided the functionality you wanted. Put two of em on your popup, one that cancels (just closes display - no value written) and another that acknowledges (closes and writes value).

Thanks guys. I'll just use the "On Top" display...

Great! If you have problems with it, post back here.