Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike2008

FX-32MR-ES/UL - Software?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, First post and new to PLC's... I have inherited a Mitsubishi FX-32MR-ES/UL and a copy of GX Developer Software. Can I program this PLC with this software? When I open the software and am asked to select a PLC type from the dropdown menu there is no 'FX' selection. There is FX0, FX1, FX2 etc.. but no FX?? Do I need to get different software?? Thanks, Mike.

Hi Mike2008 Your P.L.C should be one of the type as you have mentioned in your post. You should see the type on the front of the P.L.C between the FX and in your case 32 which is the number of I/O. Rodney Edited by Rodney

Rodney, It is an old enough PLC. Is it just an FX-32MR-ES/UL. There is no 0, 1, 2, 3 after the FX. I am just wondering if I can use the GX Developer software to program this 'older' PLC? Mike.

Mike You should use FXU/FX2C. But there is an easier way when you do not know which PLC type to Choose. You can let the software choose for you. Do not create a new project. Online => Read from PLC You only have to select the series (in this case FXCPU) and the communication route. Press connection test and it will have selected the right CPU type. Edited by Gambit

Folks, Thanks for that. I will try that tonight. Many thanks again and I hope to be able to contribute in the future.. Mike.

Mike I have just checked some old software FXGP/WIN and that also asks for a P.L.C type. Gambit suggestion will do the trick Rodney